A. DATTA, L. SCHERGER, A. YU
To design a way to measure grip strength and the corresponding neuromuscular signal in patients.
Calculating device specifications based on customer needs
Device physical design ideation
HAND DYNAMOMETER CAD, PRINTED IN PLA
CONNECTION SETUP OF EMG AND HAND DYNAMOMETER
EMG READING OUTPUT
- When the subject grips the hand dynamometer, the voltage and resulting grip strength reading increases. Simultaneously, a peak occurs in the EMG graph, which is indicative of the neuromuscular signal.
- If all of these outcomes occur at the same time, the patient is healthy. If not, it is an indication that something is wrong with the patient’s neuromuscular pathway.
- The hand dynamometer and EMG are useful diagnostic tools to determine how well a patient’s neuromuscular pathways are functioning.
- They are used in the medical field to monitor a patient’s progress in therapy for nerve or tendon injuries in the hand.
- They are also used for diagnosing neuromuscular disorders such as Parkinson’s disease and Huntington’s disease.